Hull Coating

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My bottom is not painted. And I do not want to put bottom pain back on as of yet. I am looking at product call hullkote by mclube to coat my hull for a months stay is salt water.

http://www.mclubemarine.com/hullkote/

Will be putting my boat in a slip for the month of Nov. marine growth should be slower with the colder water. Have left it in the water for 2-3 weeks this summer and did not have a hard time removing the growth from the bare gelcoat, power washer took most off, had to work hard on the waterline though. From what I have read wax is a no no below the water line becuase it creates more friction by not allowing the water to adhere to the surface when moving. But this product does not claim to be a wax. Anyone ever heard of it? Think it will help. Before I put out 35$ for a 16oz bottle I want to see what you folks say..... :?:

richie rich

Reaction score
Dont see how that product is different than any other polish.......never heard of a ligitimate study that says wax below the waterline hurts performance either....and this product claims to be hydrophobic and repels water like wax, so whats the difference? Sounds like a citrus based load of crap....

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Probably a nice smelling load of crap, but that's about it. I'm at little north of you in Manasquan, by November just about all the marine growth is gone, as a bonus you get to see all the nasty stuff laying on the bottom at the docks.

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yea I agree, I'll just take off waterever grows with a good pw. Thanks guys , I'll use the 35$ on some new fishing gear.