Hull striping on 1988 Gulfstream 23

biggarfish

Reaction score
Looking for someone with a Grady 23 in a 1988 to 1990 model who could provide me with details on hull striping. I'll be ordering the stripes from hullstripes.com but I need to know how wide the top large stripe is, the width of the smaller bottom stripe and how far apart they're spaced.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Look closely at the hull from various angles - typically you can see ghosting of where the stripes where. But, does it really matter what the original was? Do what looks right to you. It won't make a bit of difference when it comes to resale. And/or... go look at any other Grady near you and measure.

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
I just pulled the stripes off my 180 yesterday in prep for compounding the hull. My stripes were beat up, removing them improved the appearance greatly. I doubt I'll be spending the money for new ones, I'm gonna go with the clean hull.

Before....
IMG_0579 2.JPG

After peeling the stripes....

IMG_1623.JPG

Glue residue still there....

IMG_1625.JPG

After acetone wipe down and then denatured alcohol....

IMG_1624.JPG

Ready for compounding...

IMG_1626-s.jpg

biggarfish

Reaction score
Looking for someone with a Grady 23 in a 1988 to 1990 model who could provide me with details on hull striping. I'll be ordering the stripes from hullstripes.com but I need to know how wide the top large stripe is, the width of the smaller bottom stripe and how far apart they're spaced.
The last owner cut-polished the hull and there's no discernible "ghosting" of the previous striping outline

kdhaynes

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I have a 1988 Gulfstream 23 that I may be in the process of restoring. I'll be glad to take some pictures or measurements if want. just let me know what you want.