Hull trim - colored tape?

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I'd like to replace some of the trim tape along the sides of my hull (~2" wide blue, 1/4" wide gold). Did you find a source for tape that it close enough in color? I have a feeling that I don't want to buy a GW trim kit this year, so I'm looking for options. Unless the original is affordable, that is...

Thanks for any advice.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Go to your local dealer for the stripe (not sure if that is what you are talking about) if you need to replace. They sell it by the foot and you can splice it in to keep cost down.
If a water line or hull strip, I'd still get a small piece that you can match up at a local marine store. If too high, you can go on line and buy direct. I'm sure if you send a good picture, a site can match it up.

Reactions: ScottyCee

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I called and they told me that they can check with GW factory, but don't get my hopes up. I think I can call GW myself - they were willing to sell me a hatch factory direct 2 years ago.

I guess I could go to a vinyl shop and look for a match. I don't like how chewed up it looks on what is going to be a nice shiny hull 8^)

Other ideas?

Last edited:

SeanC

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I used Hullstripes.com.
Have a 2006 Seafarer.
50ft roll USD$137. This was for 3 stripes laid out with correct spacing on one roll. 2 stripes should be cheaper. Cheapest is each stripe on it’s own roll.
The first photo is on the boat second on my kitchen bench. Colours closer than in photos. Gold could have been a touch thinner.
.FD6D8E1D-B5E9-4DDF-BB37-C08EABCA3AE9.jpeg
9D06FFCC-AAB2-4FFF-8D51-1F22DFC1DE96.jpeg

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
x2 for Hullstripes. I ordered mine from them. Call them and talk to them over the phone and they will work hard to match what you have.

R

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I bought a stripe kit for my 228 with individual stripes. I never used it and its sitting on a shelf in the basement. I know it's for a smaller boat than your Sailfish but it's yours if you want it. You can use it to repair sections until you pull trigger on full re-stripe. Not sure of stripe size, I'll have to measure tonight.