Hurricane Harvey

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Good Luck to all who are in the path of this storm. Hopefully all our Texas members have made things secure and are in a safe place to wait out the storm. We have a friend in Port A near Corpus who evacuated Thursday. She drove to Pleasanton which normally would take 2 hours and took 6!

Stay Safe!

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
X3,,,,

Have family in Beaumont, they are out of harms way, but still.

Be safe and hang on.

FarmLife

Reaction score
I just read that Harvey made landfall as a CAT 4. Crazy how quickly it developed and hope the losses are minimal.

ahill

Reaction score
I've been checking on the data buoys around Corpus Christi.
Max recorded gust was 80 with sustained in the upper 60s. None of the buoys support the NHC wind estimates.
Not a lot of tree damage showing on TV.
Any one have an on ground report?

FarmLife

Reaction score
Are you implying that the weather report is fake news :jaw

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Some really disturbing images coming in from Rockport. Someone posted some drone footage on the THT. OUCH!
My wife talked to her friend who evacuated Port A. She works for a construction company who are assisting in clearing the roads for the first responders. They said it isn't pretty. One of their workshops is leveled. Her son lives in Houston and he said tornadoes are being reported. Flooding is a big issue now, even in San Antonio where my wife has family.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Saw some CNN footage today; Reporter doing a live shot in the bow of a flat bottom fishing skiff going up-and-down the streets of Dickinson TX.

The footage was startling. Houses halfway underwater.
Shots of sheets being tied together to lower people out of second story windows.
The reporter would pan the bottom as they were idling along. There were cars completely submerged. They were running in 4-5 feet of water in the street.

I can't imagine what those folks are going thru. Haven't heard of many casualties, thank goodness.