DSCN1755.jpg

DSCN1764.jpg

tabletop.png

launcher3.jpg

paperv4.png

Monkey fur is next . . .

Fishtales

Reaction score
That looks awesome. Excellent work in the right location.

Workdog

Reaction score
Teak work... very nice! Monkey fur... not so much. :p Your teak work looks very nice.

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Fishie,
Good looking cabin! This really changes the look of things. Did you do anything outside?

RUMBLEFISH

Reaction score
Wow that looks TEAKTASTIC.

Or

Wow that looks TEAKTACKULAR.

I think either one lets you know what my opinion is. :lol:

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks. I thought some of you guys might like the look. I did it because we like to cruise on occasion and if I can make it more appealing and comfortable for the Admiral she'll keep approving gas and tackle purchases. I realize the look is not for everybody so I tried to keep the original parts so if I needed to revert back to the original look, for the most part I can.

I bought most of the teak as odd lots on ebay and did pretty well quality wise considering that I could not inspect it until I received it. I'm still working on the cushions and need to tweak the bolsters but I'm very happy with the material (Sunbrella from Sailrite) and the look it gives as is the Admiral.

I have been searching for a replacement for the monkey fur and in fact have already removed and replaced the original gray. The fur on the vberth walls is a lighter color, ivory, of fur which made the cabin appear brighter but still the look is not what I want. I do not have the ability to use gelcoat or paint to cover the walls.

The compound curves in this area make any kind of panel impossible to work without adding what I think will be too many seams so my next plan is to use the same vinyl as on the side of the bow cushions and sew it together in such a way that the seaming is minimal. The outside of the head area is actaully a marine wallpaper that is lighter in tone than the original and also helps to brighten the look. This coupled with the brass lighting and teak trim give it IMo, a richer look.

More to come . . .

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
At some point you'll have to give us the technical details, like how you attached the deck teak to the deck, what finish you put on the raw teak, etc. The more I look at your pics, the more I like what you did.

Gary 89 Overnighter

Fishtales

Reaction score
Well, you know what to do when you get tired of your current job.
Teak kits for GW. Sell em here, sell em to the factory, sell em to dealers! Start with the 2006 Marlin. :D

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
How to make your grady look more like a ship. Gives her lots of character and i can see where the admiral and the captain would like this look. A win/win custom job.......

I'm up for a kit when you get around to it.

sickday

Reaction score
Fishtales said:
Well, you know what to do when you get tired of your current job.
Teak kits for GW. Sell em here, sell em to the factory, sell em to dealers! Start with the 2006 Marlin. :D

That looks great! I'd be a buyer!!