I love my 330 Grady Express and the Grady White Forum

Sundancejoel

Reaction score
In September, 2006 I traded my 32 Topaz, with twin Volvo Diesels for a 330 Grady Express, with 250 OX66 outboards. One of the best deals I ever made. I ran my Topaz up to Providence, Rhode Island on a 14 hour trip and picked up my 330 Express. I left the following morning and 9 hours later I was back at my slip in Beach Haven, New Jersey. The trip back was amazing. Not a drop of water on my windshield, the ride back was as smooth as could be. I initially had problems parking my 11 ft, 7 inch beam boat "Sundance" into a slip, not much wider than my boat, until I had asked for guidance from the folks who use this Forum.

The best advise I received was to obtain a Bow Thruster. This past May I had a bow thruster installed and boy was that the answer to my prayers. I now move in and out of my slip with ease.

Two weeks ago I took my first trip with this boat to the canyon in search of some tuna or bill fish action. Unfortunately, I had no knock downs but boy what a beautiful ocean. More whales (about 40' or larger) than I've ever seen and the dolphin were everywhere with some jumping 8' to 10' out of the water. The ocean was a beautiful cobalt blue. No fish, but lots of life.

Burned 167 gallons of fuel for a 13 hour trip. Not bad on 250 Yamaha four strokers, which I had traded my OX66' on in 2008.

I've had lots of help with different issues by using the various forums of this website and I'm glad to be a member.

Joel "Sundance" Harnick
A/K/A Sundancejoel

Attachments

• Sundance.JPG
    Sundance.JPG
    202.9 KB · Views: 2,605

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Joel

Awesome looking boat!! I love the tower, I'd love to run the boat from up there when offshore, it makes a big difference having that sight advantage!! Hopefully I can get down there and we can put some blood on the deck. The bites back on out there, but the backs in bad shape so it might be a while before I can handle a trip again.

Tom

Sundancejoel

Reaction score
Hi Tom: Nice to hear from you. This picture was taken prior to the installation of my center rigger, as well as the five rod holders installed on the outboard side of the transom which I use to hold my 32" starboard bait table, as well as providing storage space to store the rods, while under way. I also use one of the transom rod holders to hold my teaser rod dragging a rather heavy mirrored braid teaser. When we're dead sticking rods these holders also come in handy. If you want any pictures of any of the innovations I've made to the boat, just let me know and I'll send them along.

I sure hope your back gets better soon. Have you considered a visit to Dr. Leonard Bruno, to scope out your back problems? It sure wouldn't hurt to get his opinion, as he is one of the top docs in his field of Neurosurgery. He has operated on my back on three separate occusions, my wife's back, and a number of friends and family. Anyway, I hope you get better quickly so we can fish together. I can't find a weather window good enough to try another canyon trip but I'm ready to go anytime the weather cooperates. I am very much interested in Tile fishing and would love to try that with you. Unfortunately, I have no numbers for my area to try out.

Joel