I need a GPS Color Chartplotter and Radar in one unit HELP!

jellyfish

Reaction score
I am looking to add a Color GPS and a Radar to my GW 208. As most know the dash is small, but I want a large screen like a Garmin 3210 size screen. The 3206 would be perfect size for my dash, but I think its going to be too small. I am on a very tight budget so I need the best bang for my buck. I am at $1500 to 2k max. Does anyone have any ideas for me? I will be using a Furuno 600L so I don't need a sounder at this time. A radar is a must for me and a GPS as well. THANKS FOR ANY HELP OR IDEAS. JF

jellyfish

Reaction score
forgot to say I don't have a hard top so I will need some type of mount/bracket and I need to see where I could put it as I need to keep a cover on top of my boat so I guess a fold down bracket? any ideas?

sickday

Reaction score
let me know if you can find something that cheap. I'm also in need but I think you might need to rethink your budget. Its going to be12-1500 just for the aray, not including monitor, tower/bracket mounting etc, and another 1500+ for the chartplotter,,,

good luck

Matt

jellyfish

Reaction score
Matt, I was quoted $1099 for the Garmin 3210 and $855 for the Garmin GMR 18 Dome. So thats not bad, but the bracket mount and install will bring it over that price I am sure. I am still looking.

blackgrady

Reaction score
might want to consider the standard horizon 300 with the external antenna. its a 7" screen and uses Sitex radars but doesn't require a black box to make it happen. down side is that there is no weather capability like the 3210 and the smaller screen.

i've seen the standard horizon 300 with ext. antenna for around 700, and simrad radars for 950. so thats 350 to play with....

for the mount, make friends with a welder/fabricator F A S T!

cheers,
steve

GOA

Reaction score
Another option

As I mentioned in an earlier thread...
Si-Tex Color-Wide is another option...7 or 15 inch screen, great graphic images and a "quick-release mount" for added security...you simply take it with you. You will also save a few bucks.

GOA :wink:

jellyfish

Reaction score
I ended up getting the Garmin 3210 and love it. I know its old, but I could not bet the cost of $1099 plus if I need to add the radar, its only another $1k or less. Its already installed and I have used it. For the money hard to beat. Thanks for everyones replys.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
4208 since smaller than 3210 but larger than other unit, about $1700.

Need to add radone.