i think i got a good deal!

blackgrady

Reaction score
since im basically a bargain shopper....i picked these up over the weekend.

0210101215.jpg

paid 1000. 4 penn international II 50tw on st. croix rods with high speed guides and 1 penn international II 80 on a penn international tuna stick (50-130) with all rollers...

so including the 19ft lee outriggers with spreader kits, lee junior mounts, 4 trolling setups and one solid sharkin setup, i haven't past the 1500 dollar mark!

muahahaha!
steve

catch22

Reaction score
Wow!...

Considering that the 50's cost are around $550-600, (new)... and the 80 is around $750-800, (that's $3000 for just the reels)... I'd say you got a great deal. :D

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Nice Stuff - Did you get them for someone you know / Ebay? That is a really good deal

bc282

Reaction score
i'd tear the reels down and do a full clean, lube, and replace any worn parts and likely replace drag. then you'll have reels that will likely last many many more years of good fishing.

great buy.

blackgrady

Reaction score
local captain gettin out of the biz. im going to get them all gone through unless i can find somewhere laying it out for me, in that case i'll do it myself to save a few.

cheers,
steve

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Check out this site for excellent tutorials with photos on how to service reels: www.alantani.com

Not only does he have great reel repair/maintenance site but he's also a GW owner.

I service all my reels and have found his tutorials priceless.

blackgrady

Reaction score
wow. i cannot thank you enough for that link. yet again, my deepest gratitude for this website and to alan for efforts.

cheers,
steve