Identify/name this piece of hardware

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Bear with me, this might be hard to explain....

The spray curtains on my boat fasten to the t-top via curtain track, fasten to the gunel via a clasp into a loop and to the deck via a thing-a-ma-jig. The thing-a-ma-jig is where my suggestion lies. The think-a-ma-jig is a male fitting (post) with a clam cleat (see picture below) on a strap coming from the spray curtain that is inserted into a female fitting (flush mounted stainless hole) in the deck.

What is the name of this fitting (pictured) and the receiver/socket in the deck (not pictured)?

1674504604604.png

Punchline Cap

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
Is this a Grady curtain or aftermarket? Maybe send this image to a boat canvas shop for their input?

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
It's a factory curtain. I may have to reach out to GW.

seasick

Reaction score
The big end is called a cam buckle or a strap buckle but I haven't seen one with that stub. The web site Strapworks has all kinds od hardware but I couldn't find a buckle with any sort of leg for mounting. I assume there is a plate of some sort that the stub slides into and locks. I think you have a big challenge on your hands finding a replacement.

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I am looking for the buckle. It would be the buckle that is found at the bottom corner(s) of the spray curtains.

I have an email out to GW.

Fishtales

Reaction score
If no luck, try A&J Canvas in Vanceboro NC. They make the enclosures for GW.

seasick

Reaction score
That's not the part. I take it that there are flush mounted plates of some kind, possibly on the deck, that have a slit in them that allows the stub end of the cam lock buckle to be inserted and slid into place. The tension on the strap keeps everything in place. .
On myotherboat there were straps with snap hooks that clipped onto a raised eye strap brackets. After stubbing my toes about a thousand times, I removed the eye straps and let the canvas flap. The following ring can be used with the clip type of strap hardware but unless you cut out a recess, it will sit proud of the deck.

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
It's the part. The link is taking you to the "kit".

On the left side of the page, scroll down to the second thumb nail and you will see the male and female parts

Fishtales

Reaction score
Nice that they hooked you up. GW Cust Service is very solid...

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Hi,

Yep.

I don't need the part. I have both for my existing curtains, but I am thinking of making some custom items and may want to use this hardware.

seasick

Reaction score
It's the part. The link is taking you to the "kit".

On the left side of the page, scroll down to the second thumb nail and you will see the male and female parts
You are correct. I apologize for my bad info.