If anyone sees any stickers like these...

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Would like to find oem stickers. If you know of where I can find them, please let me know. Not a huge fan of the ebay ones.

Well, let me state... they do not have to be exactly like this, I just like the fact they are sorta "raised"... colors is not too important, albeit would love to get blue with a silver border :p

Thank you

Russ
stick1.jpg

stick2.jpg

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Actually, found the large one, OEM, just ordered it for like 85 bucks

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Where did you come up with large one? Is it the domed decal like original?

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Actually, ordered the wrong ones.. they LOOK the same, mostly.. but the font was off.

These were from Serbia for 85 bucks.

I found the original ones here:

https://discontinueddecals.com/store/p/3890-Grady-White-Boat-Decals-and-Stripes-clone.aspx

But I am emailing them to verify. I called Grady and they pointed me to those. I have to go home and measure which length I need heh.

Also, need to verify the pinstriping is the same. If it is, they may have them as a kit.

Russ

seasick

Reaction score
If you read the details, those are reproductions. That's OK if they are raised but I have my doubts

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
They are flat, just read description.

Would love to have the domed ones like original.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Check ebay. they pop up there from time to time. In the interim try some Collinite cleaner and a buffing machine.

Fishtales

Reaction score
For the striping, go to a dealer if you can. they usually have every style and ship by the foot.

Reactions: RussGW270

seasick

Reaction score
We used to have a older gent who lettered boats by hand painting. He also would repaint striping, particularly when it had small breaks or tears by matching the color and painting in the missing areas. He was a pleasure to watch. There are not too many of those artists around these days except on TV shows about custom motorcycle! Everything today is decals.
OK, showing my age..
One solution especially if you need to replace a long section of striping is to look at auto body shops and online detaining suppliers. You won't find the two color stripes but you can match the color and width of the individual stripes.

morassra

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I just replaced my hull stripe on my 2000 Marlin. I called a dealer to get a new stripe, and they basically told me that they couldn't get that stripe any more. Instead, I ordered a new, 2-piece stripe from Boat U.S. It wasn't exactly the same (the old one was 3 pieces: a large blue stripe, with 2 smaller gold & blue stripes underneath), but I ordered the bottom stripe large enough to cover where the 2 smaller stripes were. It came out great. Pic below:

IMG_1072.JPGIMG_1073.JPG

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I just replaced my hull stripe on my 2000 Marlin. I called a dealer to get a new stripe, and they basically told me that they couldn't get that stripe any more. Instead, I ordered a new, 2-piece stripe from Boat U.S. It wasn't exactly the same (the old one was 3 pieces: a large blue stripe, with 2 smaller gold & blue stripes underneath), but I ordered the bottom stripe large enough to cover where the 2 smaller stripes were. It came out great. Pic below:
Exactly! I thought I was going nuts... well, I AM.. but.. yea, after I took off the stripes, I was like, "wait.. there was a 2nd, smaller, blue stripe.." heh

So.. ok, yea.. now I can look for something like the one you have heh (thanks bud!)

That looks like a 1” Navy Blue with a 1/2” gold?

Russ

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I get blasted with ads from Hullstripes on Instagram. They seem to have everything needed.

morassra

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Exactly! I thought I was going nuts... well, I AM.. but.. yea, after I took off the stripes, I was like, "wait.. there was a 2nd, smaller, blue stripe.." heh

So.. ok, yea.. now I can look for something like the one you have heh (thanks bud!)

That looks like a 1” Navy Blue with a 1/2” gold?

Russ

It’s a 2” DARK NAVY stripe with a 1/4” gold stripe below. Make sure you get the DARK navy.

Can you tell that I ordered the wrong navy the 1st time?

Reactions: RussGW270

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Wow.. they had the exact stripe I was looking for on the multi-stripe page. Will see what they charge. If it is a stupidly crazy fee, I will go with 2 stripes.. heh

Thanks!

Russ

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
It’s a 2” DARK NAVY stripe with a 1/4” gold stripe below. Make sure you get the DARK navy.

Can you tell that I ordered the wrong navy the 1st time?

Did not see a 1/4", but may have to call for that small of a stripe.. heh. Did it come as a single roll, or did you have to apply them each separately?

Thanks!

R

morassra

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Did not see a 1/4", but may have to call for that small of a stripe.. heh. Did it come as a single roll, or did you have to apply them each separately?

Thanks!

R
You’re right. The bottom stripe is 3/4”.

They came as 2 separate stripes.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
You’re right. The bottom stripe is 3/4”.

They came as 2 separate stripes.

The top is like 1.5”? Nm duh we already saw the top is 2” heh

Okay, may have a lead on original strips, we will see. This is a beautiful option as well, thank you!

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Okay, I was able to get the original blue/gold/blue stripes. Man, what a pain heh...but it is one sticker now so I will not have as hard a time lining it all up heh.

Should have them within a week.

R