Ignition re wiring and motor just clicks

Chipnpcola

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Hello all thank you for looking. I have a 1991 GW Overnighter with a 2003 Yamaha 200 2 stroke ox66. First issue was going to be later fix but my. Plastic broke on my key are over was able to super glue back but now fell apart can’t use. Having issues figuring out the wiring.. I bought a Serria ignition and wire colors are different….
Now to the main reason I was gonna post. Motor was running sluggish after sitting keep dying on me. Finally when I would try to start it it would do one click and that was it. $550 stater and relay. Same thing. This is when my ignition fell apart trying to start it after the replacement

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Hello all thank you for looking. I have a 1991 GW Overnighter with a 2003 Yamaha 200 2 stroke ox66. First issue was going to be later fix but my. Plastic broke on my key are over was able to super glue back but now fell apart can’t use. Having issues figuring out the wiring.. I bought a Serria ignition and wire colors are different….
Now to the main reason I was gonna post. Motor was running sluggish after sitting keep dying on me. Finally when I would try to start it it would do one click and that was it. $550 stater and relay. Same thing. This is when my ignition fell apart trying to start it after the replacement
I'm sorry, I read through this three times and I still don't understand what you are saying. Please proofread and fix/re-post so it's coherent.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'll try to intrepret.

First - re: the key switch.....take the Sierra switch back and buy the Yamaha assembly. Don't buy the off brand junk on eBay or Amazon. The Yamaha assembly is plug and play, and includes the overheat/low oil warning horn.

If it clicks and won't start, the first thing to check is your battery connections...make sure everything is connected and tight at the battery, then check the cables attached to the starter. You may need to clean the connections....

Reactions: Chipnpcola

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I'll try to intrepret.

First - re: the key switch.....take the Sierra switch back and buy the Yamaha assembly. Don't buy the off brand junk on eBay or Amazon. The Yamaha assembly is plug and play, and includes the overheat/low oil warning horn.

If it clicks and won't start, the first thing to check is your battery connections...make sure everything is connected and tight at the battery, then check the cables attached to the starter. You may need to clean the connections....
There is also a "sluggish and keep dying". that could be VST filter, etc.....