I'm baaaack...

gw204

Reaction score
Picked up an '86 Seafarer 227 earlier today. 2 owner boat (before me), 190 HP Mercruiser 4-cyl, marina maintained. Fuel tank is shot and tank hatch needs to be recored, but I think I got it for a good price.

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

The name is pretty ironic given that I was looking for something cheap so I wouldn't have any... :lol:

photo2.jpg

JeffN

Reaction score
Looks to be in great shape. Is it the 488 Mercruiser and how does it run? Have fun with it.

jeffump18

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Picked up an 85 227 last June. It was in very good condition also. I have a 260 HP 350 Mercruiser. How fast does a 4 cyl move the boat?
I am replacing my tank as we speak. 26 years old, pulled it for piece of mind. Had some severe pitting, located tank for $550 on line & $120 shipping from FLA. Almost 1/2 the price of local shops making one. Love I/O's, they are a dying breed. Good Luck.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Welcome back....when does the screen name change to GW227? :mrgreen:

You putting the bracket on or leaving it as an I/O? And what happens to the Mako?

gw204

Reaction score
feff(s) - I actually purchased the boat w/out running it, so I can't comment on how it moves with the 4 cyl. From what I have read though, the motor produces lots of torque so I expect it to jump on plane quickly, but not be overly fast.

jeffump18 - can you tell me where you found your tank? So far I only have one price of $740 (which doesn't seem bad).

Parthery - I'm going to leave it as an I/O for now, but there's no telling what the future will bring. As for the Mako, she is still tucked away in my garage and I still plan to finish her...someday.

jeffump18

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I got the tank thru amarket.com. Its a big clearing house for lots of marine supplies. Click on tanks & you should have a choice of stock tanks (which mine was) or custom made (which i'm sure will be more). The stock belly tank was the exact measurements of my tank.
Good Luck.

gw204

Reaction score
Thanks. They must have sold out of the 93 gallon one. The largest they have listed now is 55. I sent them an email asking if any where available.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Brian, nice. I know you have been looking.

As far as name goes, more like "NO PAYMENTS", and half the fuel of former '93 Sailfish !

She's just a longer 204, all these gradys are classics. Better access to head in cabin.

And Admiral gets back on the water !

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Looks good Brian, this another "project" or just something to play with..........o wait, everythings a project for you. good luck.