In hull transducer on a 180CC?

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
Has anyone done this?

I just purchased a Garmin 943xsv with an in-hull transducer and now I'm wondering if I'll be able to even mount it, seems like impossible access to get down in there.

Anyone?

Byram

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
Rob
I also have a sportsman but my garmin echo has a transom mount ducer. I have depth, temp etc and at full speed have not lost signal. If I was to mount a thru hull or in hull (have thought about it) I would cut a hole in the floor behind the swingback seat right in front of the metal post in the engine cage. That hole would be for an access panel. I know other boaters have put them in their seafarers between the helm seats. Might get some storage out of it as well.

Joe_C

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 225
Just bought a new 215. Neither factory nor dealer would install a thru-hull, so I have go go transom-mount. They said there is no place to mount it, and if there was there would be no way to access it . . .

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
Yeah, well, common sense has prevailed, going with the transom mount which will also give me temps. I may look into cutting that access hatch though...

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Yeah, well, common sense has prevailed, going with the transom mount which will also give me temps. I may look into cutting that access hatch though...
you can't get an in-hull that does sidevu anyways. and a thru hull for that is $800. ask me how I know:oops:

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
I was going with the Garmin package that has an in hull and a transom mount for the Side view. $600 for both.

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 5.34.37 PM.jpg