In need of a casting platfom for 08 273 chase

Reaction score
Model
Chase
Looking for some help finding a replacement casting platform for my 2008 273 chase. Hopefully someone can help me find this missing piece to my boat.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211125-094406_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211125-094406_Facebook.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 11

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Looks to me like that's going to be something Grady made in house which means your local dealer is your source. Other than that, just keep googling or checking ebay to see if someone is selling one they aren't using. BUT... that would be SUPER easy to make if you're even just half-way handy. You could use PVC board or even plywood.

Last edited:

faubs

Reaction score
I have made poling and casting platforms in the past out of 3/4 and 1" HDPE sheeting and Marine grade plastic. You can buy the piece as big as you need and then trim with as skill saw the straight sides. corners can be rounded with a jig saw and beveled with a router or sander. If you really want to get fancy you can all aluminum angle reinforcement and vinyl trip for the edges. Depending on how fancy you plan to get this all could be done in a day for ~$100. Good luck.

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Location??

If you make your own and use plywood, you can topcoat it with a polyurethane top coat. I made a replacement transom for my brother's RIB using 1" plywood, then sealed with urethane primer and finished with a urethane top coat. It came out decent and looks like it's made of something other than wood. The one inch think marine plywood is available at Boulter Plywood in Medford, MA. I believe they will cut to size for you for a fee.

Also, if you like, I can measure the casting platform for my 306 Canyon. If it's the same size, then you could order one from GW, if they don't still make the one for your boat.

Reaction score
Model
Chase
Looks to me like that's going to be something Grady made in house which means your local dealer is your source. Other than, just keep googling or checking ebay to see if someone is selling one they aren't using. BUT... that would be SUPER easy to make if you're even just half-way handy. You could use PVC board or even plywood.
Thanks. It is looking like building one is the cheapest and easy answer.

Reaction score
Model
Chase
Location??

If you make your own and use plywood, you can topcoat it with a polyurethane top coat. I made a replacement transom for my brother's RIB using 1" plywood, then sealed with urethane primer and finished with a urethane top coat. It came out decent and looks like it's made of something other than wood. The one inch think marine plywood is available at Boulter Plywood in Medford, MA. I believe they will cut to size for you for a fee.

Also, if you like, I can measure the casting platform for my 306 Canyon. If it's the same size, then you could order one from GW, if they don't still make the one for your boat.
I am in New Jersey. My buddy has a 306 also. I can use his as a template if I cannot locate one.

Thanks for you help.

Reactions: JJF

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Hooker, I've found the easiest way to make a super-accurate template is to first use cardboard. Then transfer that to a sheet of 1/2" foamboard insulation (the pink or purple stuff from Home Depot). The foamboard is cheap and easy to fine tune. Once you have that the way you want it, make the final piece out of ply, plastic, whatever.