In the market for a 2005 265 Express. Have Questions??

njfishman

Reaction score
I am a newbie...1st post on the board!

What is the fair market value of these boats with F225's. Most are listed 70k plus. In my opinion this is high. Anyone elses thoughts on a fair offer? Also saw on line major exhaust corrosion issues with the Yamaha F225. Anyone on the board have this issue or any others. Overall any problems with the 265. I have searched but cant find many issues if any at all.

Also what did the 265 sell new for from the dealer.

Thanks,

Lou

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
Welcome to the site!

There are no real problems with the 265

It is my understanding that the 2002 - 2005 is the same boat.

I own a 2000 and the only differance is the scuppers are a little lower (lighter 2 strokes) and no back rest in the seating.

Great fishing boat - good overnight accomodations.

I think my 2000 was north of 100k new, but someone will need to chime in with the orginal selling price of an 2005.

Also - F225's have had there share of manifold issues, but the people I personally know who own F225's all love them!

Any specific questions please ask!

Good luck!

Tim

max366

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a 2004 265, which I bought a year ago with 165 hrs on the twin F225. Love the boat. I bought it as a repo so the price I paid is artificially low but I did track down the original sales price (not list price) and it was $135K with most options except A/C and generator! Crazy expensive.

I did lots of research on the corrosion issues and it seems after 2004, it's a non-issue. Also, the mechanics I talked with on Cape Cod said they never see it and some have actually done checks with a borescope. They theorize that the cold water somehow minimizes the effect. I checked mine- only 165 hours- and saw no issues.

Great boat- lots of room, stable, reasonable fuel economy. Check the props- mine had 17 pitch and it needed 19 pich. Runs alot better. I redid the electronics and flush mounted the Raymarine 120W screen. It came out great. Good luck in your search!

shoretogo

Reaction score
Last Sept (2010) I purchased a 2002 - 265 Express with 225 Yamaha 4 strokes ; 350 hours ; decent original electronics - boat was in excellent condition, an older(1999) boat trailer was included. The asking price was 69,000. The sellers were very accomodating and we settled on a price of 54,000. This model is very sensitive to passengers moving around and weight balance. We have been very happy with the boat. Good Luck - John