In the Water

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Charged the batteries and they held the charge.....splased her today after a really cold winter...engine fired right up, all electronics working...life is good. Saw a guy launching a small sail boat...backed too far down the ramp...ended up with his pick-up in the water up almost to the cab.....he couldn't get traction to get out of the water...put my boat away and pulled him out with my diesel 4X4....does not appear to be any damage buy he will have to hose off the salt water quickly. He was mortified...I told him that we all do dumb stuff and he is better off than the guy I saw who left his truck in reverse while he tried to climb in his boat at the same ramp last year. Blub blub!!

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Dave, Do you still have your Grady at Georgetown Dry Stack? I have not gotten my new one back down there yet.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Nice. Still waiting for spring up here, but it is coming....

BCLII

Reaction score
Daman858 said:
Charged the batteries and they held the charge.....splased her today after a really cold winter...engine fired right up, all electronics working...life is good. Saw a guy launching a small sail boat...backed too far down the ramp...ended up with his pick-up in the water up almost to the cab.....he couldn't get traction to get out of the water...put my boat away and pulled him out with my diesel 4X4....does not appear to be any damage buy he will have to hose off the salt water quickly. He was mortified...I told him that we all do dumb stuff and he is better off than the guy I saw who left his truck in reverse while he tried to climb in his boat at the same ramp last year. Blub blub!!

I saw a guy do this last spring backing his boat down a landing into the Mississippi river. He got out to unload the boat but never took it out of reverse. New 3/4 passenger van went in to the roof. We got a wrecker down there and hooked on and towed him out. What a mess! :jaw

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yep, I'm still in Georgetown. Hanging around a busy boat ramp is better entertainment than the comedy channel.