info about 24 offshore

tsport

Reaction score
hi all kinda new to forum i just bought a barely used 1986 24ft offshore with a 225 osxx yamaha (motors a 2001) i;ve been checking out this forum and i don't see this model mentioned very much What can you guys tell me about it? dose it have a diffrent hull than the seafarer or gulfstream? it seams to ride nice it has the full transome with the motor on a bracket thers no bow pulpit and it came with a custom hard top. Anyway any info about this model good or bad is appreciated

Finatic

Reaction score
The 1st Grady that I owned was a 1986 248 Offshore Pro. I loved the layout of the boat. It is similar to the Seafarer but it has a narrower beam than the Gulfstream. The 24' Offshore was a preSV2 hull so it supposedly pounds a little more and rides a bit wetter. The one I owned had lots of engine issues so I unfortunately can't comment on the ride. I messed with the engine for 2 seasons and sold the boat. Enjoy your new boat and post up a few pics.

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My last Grady was a 24' offshore with a 225 Optimax mounted on a bracket. I used the heck out of it for 11 years and loved the boat. Never had an issue with the boat or the motor once I found a dealer that knew how to work on a Mercury.
I had a factory hardtop and bow pulpit. I think you will need a bow pulpit or a windless. Didn't have either on my new 283 Release and had a devil of a time anchoring until the windless came in.
The Optimax pushed it to 38 MPH +/- and we got good economy at 30 MPH.
I think you are going to love the boat, if you have any specific questions, ask them.

shadow379

Reaction score
Welcome to the family, The 24 offshore is an excellent boat. I have a 79 Model, made with the cutout transom. I've recently been over 350 miles on it during a trip to Charleston SC. Its been in some crazy bad weather and rough seas and has got me back everytime..knock on wood..I'm letting her go after several years of faithful service, but I'll miss her. You will have a great time on a excellent design!! I have a few pictures on this site.

tsport

Reaction score
thanks for the replys finally got to take the boat out and all i can say is WOW I know its an older boat with the old hull design but man dose it ride great! It really feels solid. the 225 yamaha OS66 seems to be enough motor for me I didn;t by it for a ski boat but you deffintly could ski off it if you wanted to. Anyway now i'm really looking forward to going to the offshore wrecks I'll post some pics soon

shauncooper

Reaction score
I have also recently (June 2012) purchased an 87 Offshore Pro 240 and also found only small amounts of information here and there. Mine has the cut-out transom and runs twin Evinrude Ocean Pro 150's. I decided when I purchased it to re-do the boat top to bottom so I havent had it on the water yet as its still in progress, but am getting ever more anxious to give it a run...