INfo on paint to use on a Re- paint Bow Pulpit ??

Roadworker

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what is a good paint to use to repaint my bow pulpit ?
I have to use paint brush are roller ( have no spray equipment).

Also is there a specific paint to use to match the grady white color boat is the older whit a 1991.

thanks for the help.

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I purchased a CHEAP $15 spray gun from Harbor Freight and sprayed the gelcoat and it worked great. Just about any compressor will work as I used a tankless and just needed to take short strokes to allow the pressure to build up again. If I do it again, I will definately use a compressor with a tank. Why not buy the matched gelcoat from spectrum, mix in about 1/3 white to match the faded color. You have lots of chances with the gelcoat as you can wet sand it down and spray it again.
You could take a gelcoat / pulpit sample to a paint store and get a match but I believe Allgrip is what you would want to use and it aint cheap either.
It is fun learning new skills as long as there is more than one chance to get it right. Oh yea, be sure to have a respirator on.
My local boat yard even gave me some of the texture grit which matches the anti skid texture. You just cup it in your hand and blow acoss it to dispatch the particles.