Information on the Sale of a 257 Advance?

Holts

Reaction score
I may be selling my 2007 257 Advance, and wondering if anyone could give me an idea of where to start with the selling price. It has always been rack stored and protected. It is virtually a turn key boat, with any and all maintenance or repairs promptly done, twin Yamaha 150's (1387 hrs.), no bottom paint, no trailer and in excellent condition. Garmin 840 GPS electronics, windlass, full cover, and more. Boat location is in SW Florida. Any help would be appreciated.

seasick

Reaction score
I don't think I am going to do your homework for you:)
The typical process is to look up comparable listings, adjust for option or issues, factor for wear and tear and any options added Keep in mind that listings are the asking prices and not necessarily what the sales prices are/
You can also go to the NADA (nadaguides.com) site and get their valuation.
No-one can or should assign a value without photos at a minimum. Folks need to see the condition of the hull, deck cabin, cushions, canvas, helm layout etc.
Take a look at boattrader. com and similar sites

Holts

Reaction score
And there goes the first and last (after this one) post that I will make. I have done all that you have listed and more. I wasn't looking for a tutorial, just some sense of a price range based upon what someone may have recently experienced, and preferably, in Florida.

seasick

Reaction score
You should note that I added a smile. The statement was just humor.
Secondly, if you had done all those steps, why not let us know?
Good luck with your sale.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Dang... that got a little out of control rather quickly and a bit harsh toward someone that's essentially a brand new member to the forum...

To the OP @Holts , don't be too discouraged, not all of the members on here act like this and a lot of them are more than happy to help you out, especially with this only being your first and second posts on the site. I admittedly don't know very much about CC Grady White boats, or even CC boats in general, but checking out Boat Trader there is a 2004 in Florida with twin Yamaha F150's on it, fewer hours, comes with a trailer, radar, newer electronics and so forth with an asking price of $68,900. It also shows that there was a recent price drop on the boat of $5k just about two weeks ago or so, which would indicate that the seller was obviously a bit on the high side. With your motors having more hours, no trailer being included in the sale... I'm thinking maybe start around $60k and go from there? Again, I'm no expert but it seems like most boats of that model and in that vintage are listed between $55k-$70k. Whether they sell for that price or not is anyone's guess... my suggestion would be to put a for sale ad up on here with some pictures, a better description of the boat and see if you get any bites. You can also advertise the boat on the big 3 boat sales websites like BT, Boats.com and Yacht World as well as Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace and so on. Either way, apologies for the way that some people come off, and good luck with your sale.

Holts

Reaction score
Dang... that got a little out of control rather quickly and a bit harsh toward someone that's essentially a brand new member to the forum...

To the OP @Holts , don't be too discouraged, not all of the members on here act like this and a lot of them are more than happy to help you out, especially with this only being your first and second posts on the site. I admittedly don't know very much about CC Grady White boats, or even CC boats in general, but checking out Boat Trader there is a 2004 in Florida with twin Yamaha F150's on it, fewer hours, comes with a trailer, radar, newer electronics and so forth with an asking price of $68,900. It also shows that there was a recent price drop on the boat of $5k just about two weeks ago or so, which would indicate that the seller was obviously a bit on the high side. With your motors having more hours, no trailer being included in the sale... I'm thinking maybe start around $60k and go from there? Again, I'm no expert but it seems like most boats of that model and in that vintage are listed between $55k-$70k. Whether they sell for that price or not is anyone's guess... my suggestion would be to put a for sale ad up on here with some pictures, a better description of the boat and see if you get any bites. You can also advertise the boat on the big 3 boat sales websites like BT, Boats.com and Yacht World as well as Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace and so on. Either way, apologies for the way that some people come off, and good luck with your sale.

Mustang, thank you for your help. As I mentioned, I too have gone through the typical on line boat sales and histories. I just thought that perhaps someone had just purchased or sold a similar boat that would give me an actual price for comparison. I think your analysis is pretty accurate as to where we will end up. Thanks again!

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Buppies

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Would love to see pictures sounds like a very nice CC

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Mustang, thank you for your help. As I mentioned, I too have gone through the typical on line boat sales and histories. I just thought that perhaps someone had just purchased or sold a similar boat that would give me an actual price for comparison. I think your analysis is pretty accurate as to where we will end up. Thanks again!
No worries. Great looking boat, good luck with the sale!

Buppies

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Would love to see more pictures if possible

patrick16

Reaction score
I bought a 2004 257 Advance last year in Sarasota. The boat had low hours on the twin 150's (260), but needed some clean up and minor repairs. No trailer. I paid $48,000. I hope that helps.