Input on 263 Chase

TUNAHUNTER197

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am in the market for a GW 263 Chase. Its a 1999 hall with 99' Ox66 Saltwater Series engines. About 850 hours. From the experienced 263 Chase owners could you guys provide some pro's and con's about the vessel? Hows the fuel burn, and other things that I should know before making this purchase. Also do you believe that $33k is a good price. Hull is in mint condition, and engines were services every 50 hours.

Thanks all!!
Rob

Grouper Duper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
We've had ours a little over two years and love it. You didn't say the size of the OX66's, but we have 200 HPDIs and regularly get 2.1 to 2.3 mpg at cruise. Any size OX66 would be less than 2mpg I'd say.

Ours is a 2001, and we paid about the same, though the engines had only 385 hours (it was also about the bottom of the market).

We took it to Abaco for a week with six people aboard, and everyone had plenty of room with luggage stowed away. Even crossing the Gulfstream at least two people rode in the bow the whole way.

We had a custom flush-mount panel made for the helm and put in a nice Garmin package; great improvement.

The bolsters were original, so we just had them all redone this year along with the helm and rear bench seat.

The only real complaint we have is minor; the built-in ladder is on the opposite side from the transom door!?! They fixed that with the 2002 updates.

Feel free to ask questions!

Reaction score
We've had ours over three years now and it is a fishing machine. We have the twin Yami 225 Ox-66s. Our usual fuel burn on a offshore trip is running roughly 45-50 miles offshore to reach our prime fishing grounds. Normal sea conditions we get about 1.6-1.7 gph. No complaints with the hull whatsoever. My only wish now is to step up to the 306 CC. Ours is a year 2000 and is in mint condition too. The local Grady dealer here said with the 225 OX-66s we could easily get $40,000+ for it. The OX-66 motors are rock solid but they do love gas.

TUNAHUNTER197

Reaction score
The engines are twin 200HP. I appreciate the feedback. Very helpful. I am going to berthing her in San Francisco, and hoping to take her offshore for the Albacore run. How seaworthy is the 263, because the Pacific is a different beast then the Atlantic? I was also hearing problems / concerns with fish storage. Is there plenty of storage for fish? How about water in the transom....have you heard anything regarding moisture getting in the transom?

I really appreciate the feedback. I think the boat would be perfect with some 4-strokes, but will have to live with the 2S for awhile. How is the oil burn on the Ox66's? About how often do you refile the oil reservoirs?

I had a feeling those Ox's love the gas pumps!!

Thanks again gentleman!