Inssenglass question on Bimini Top

Heyspike

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Can I lower the Bimini Top with the inssenglass still attached to the frame of the Bimini Top? Unhook bottom and roll up glass?
Thanks.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
We had the factory Vista Top when we purchased our 2002 Islander 270. It had full curtains as well. Had to remove and store the curtains before collapsing the Vista Top, i.e. a bimini.

The difficulty of getting those curtains in place when needed was a major factor in adding a custom hardtop when the boat was seven months old.

Reactions: Heyspike

Heyspike

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
We had the factory Vista Top when we purchased our 2002 Islander 270. It had full curtains as well. Had to remove and store the curtains before collapsing the Vista Top, i.e. a bimini.

The difficulty of getting those curtains in place when needed was a major factor in adding a custom hardtop when the boat was seven months old.

My plan is to get an aftermarket hard top next year or the year after when funds allow.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
When I had my 228 Vista top I use to remove them before I collapsed the bimini. I would wash them at home roll them up and keep them in the cabin ready to use next time. I would only use them if it was windy or winter when it's cold. I was only using the fronts very rarely I would use the sides. I now have a hardtop and still do the same, I would never trailer with the front on.

Last edited:

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have a set of these and the bimini top I just removed, in preparation for the new hard top. I was thinking the same thing, never trailer with them on.

R

Fishtales

Reaction score
I don't like the soft tops on the GWs for that reason. Better then nothing but a GW without a hardtop looks naked to me

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Totally agree. I mailed the check to WMW yesterday. Should be here in about six weeks.

Heyspike

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I hear ya, I bought the newest year I could afford, I figure after the dust settles and I rebuild some funds, I'll add an aftermarket hardtop from Penweld in LI.