Install Fishfinder/Sounder Module

dmcneane

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a Raymarine C80 Chartplotter, Fishfinder, Radar Unit installed in my 282 Sailfish. I am going to purchase the Raymarine DSM300 Fishfinder/Sounder Module that interfaces with the C80. I am having the thru-hull transducer professionally installed but I am going to mount and connect the sounder module. Has anyone done this before and if so can you give me a heads up on the installation, i.e. module mounting location, etc.

Greg B

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I had mine installed and since I flush mounted over the lower electronics box on my Islander, they installed it behind the C80 in the now covered over box.

bc282

Reaction score
is the RM display going in the console in front of the helm or up top in the overhead elect. box? if going in the helm console, try using HD marine velcro and "stick" the module inside the deep console at the helm which makes the cable run to the display at the helm very easy. It's been a few years since i installed my C80 on a former boat, but flat mounting the DSM should be OK. Velco enable you to remove the module if the need ever arises and eliminates the need to make hole with screws in this area. Try to mount so that you can view the diagnostic LED should you need to trouble shoot. One time my C80 was blinking that the xducer was not attached and a yellow/amber light on the DSM was flashing. A rat had chewed the xducer cable right above the xducer so i couldn't fix it but had to replace xducer :evil:

If flat mounting hides the LED, just have a small mirror handy to check the LED (use some more velco to keep it handy)

Overall, the DSM install is very easy (ground connection, DC power, Xducer cable in, FF cable to C80)