Install wash down 1990 20 ft Overnighter

rmatt

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Anyone install a raw water wash down on this model? Not a lot of accessibility to the bilge.
Thanks
Bob

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Boy, I didn't think Grady was even making boats way back then! I guess they're an older company than I thought.

Do you have a livewell? You could T into that line. For the odd and short times that you'd use the washdown, that would suffice. Otherwise... there are some battery powered, portable washdowns on the market you could use - you toss the motor head into the water. Got some pics of your bilge space and access? If you haven't worked much on boats before, get used to the cramped conditions, especially on small boats... it's kinda the "name of the game" with most boats.

rmatt

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I think Grady started in the 70's, For me I started in the late 70's Boating and tight spaces is not new to me. I have the scars to prove it. I have a 36 ft Hatteras and the Grady is for me to fish with. I do have a live well but that is a definite place to look.
Thanks
Bob

rmatt

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
So are you saying 1090 is old? LOL I corrected it. Thanks

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
My friend has an overnighter and his seacock is below the hatch cover in the front of the splashwell. He has a livewell pump with a takeoff for a raw water washdown. Probably easier to get to/more room to work with than a 208 where access is only through the deck plates in the splashwell.