Installation help with a ProSport 20 Batt charger for 273CC

Wasabi2002

Reaction score
Picked up a PM ProSport 20 Battery charger from BW for $107 last weekend.
I have a 2002 GW Chase 273 CC and I am looking for advise on where to install it. The dimensions are approx 11"L x 6"W x 2"D. The console area, where the batteries are stored is pretty tight and was thinking of mounting it in the head/sink area?? Has anyone installed this device in a similar center console?

Thx

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Battery Charger

I have a ProSport 20+ installed in my 268 Islander. Not sure how it compares space wise. Check owners manual to see whare GW put factory charger.

My unit replaced the factory charger installed on the port side under the bait/prep station (pull out the bucket). I pulled the factory harness and used the ProSport cables.

The unit is pre-wired and you should take advantage of that. Put the unit close to the batteries. It is also waterproof so the battery compartment while not completly dry is an acceptable spot.

Wherever you mount it make sure you can see the charging lights. Handy for troubleshooting battery problems.

One last thing. Hook the battery charger cable closest to the power cord to the house battery. The other cables to the the engine batteries. I had a problem charging the house battery if there was a load (fridge, bait pump, etc.) that was fixed by wiring it this way. Manual is not specific but ProMariner had me do this and it worked.

GulfGrady

Reaction score
Grady 273's do not come from the factory with a battery charger even as an option. They also do not come with a house battery.

Wasabi2002

Reaction score
Gentlemen, Thanks for the replies, I am aware that GW does not offer a Charger as an option for the Chase 273, hence my question on a good place to install it. As you know, Grady Gulf, there isn't much room inside the battery console area.

I will mainly be using the charger when the boat is laid up in the winter, but if there is a place that I can permanently mount it I would prefer to do this...may have to get the extension cables??

GulfGrady

Reaction score
Sorry Wasabi, my response was aimed at hookup. I would also like to have a house battery and a battery charger on my boat.

Wasabi2002

Reaction score
cool GG, no worries....I will let you know how the install goes.
Unfortunately, there is no room for a 3rd battery unless I tipped 3 AMG's on their sides....for now, I will just keep a spare batt below deck.