Installed Cockpit Decking In My 330 Express

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a project. I’m nearing completion of the boat after 16 months. I was at Freeman Catamarans making a Sales Call and climbed up in hull #2 of the new 47. The boat had black, gray and white camo decking. It looked great. They told me it was done by Deckit. It’s a more expensive product then the others on the market, but It carries a 5 year warranty. Everybody else is 3.
I called them and met with their dealer in Myrtle Beach. Very nice young man who knows what he’s doing.
I decided to pull the trigger on the cockpit only. I like the factory nonskid in the helm area. I also got the steps done in the Companionway.
It came out great! I’m very happy. E82420D1-966B-44A8-BF60-492F519924AA.jpegEF5EE6C3-1DFD-448B-B987-CA4FD06EFD71.jpeg3B442AC5-8666-4D13-B147-4C105B3BD5F2.jpeg

Fishtales

Reaction score
Looks very nice. Like the two color theme...

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
That looks very nice. I really like the steps inside the cabin and this is giving me some ideas....

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Not a fan of the cockpit, but like the stairs.

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Not a fan of the cockpit, but like the stairs.
My cockpit deck was shot. The rest of the boat looks almost new. The previous owner fished a lot. It was this or trying to re gelcoat it. This stuff feels great under th feet. I did not do the helm area. That looks new.

Bilpep

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Looks great. Is it renovable? How is it secured to the deck?

Reactions: usmm1234

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Looks great. Is it renovable? How is it secured to the deck?
Yes, it is removable. It has a 3M peel and stick on the bottom. It was professionally installed and the same company will remove it When needed.

weatherguage

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
That looks pretty good. I really like the steps too. The boat next to me in the marina has it as well and I've been wondering if it's worth it. How easy does it clean up after a good day of fishing?

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
That looks pretty good. I really like the steps too. The boat next to me in the marina has it as well and I've been wondering if it's worth it. How easy does it clean up after a good day of fishing?
I have only had it down for a week, so I have not even had the first wash yet. I found out about the DEKit product at Freeman Boatworks. They build the big high speed fishing catamarans. Billy Freeman is a good customer of mine. Their customers are real hard core Fishing Guys. Very Demanding Captains. It’s a closed cell foam, so it is supposed to be stain proof. DEKits warranty is 2 years longer then all the competitors. It also costs more. They recommend a cockpit shade or boat cover to prevent long term fading. That’s why I picked light gray. All the different companies recommend that.

weatherguage

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Thanks - Canvas is on order for delivery in January! Seating is a premium on the boat and I wanted to get a cooler with a cushion for an extra seat but worry about it being thrown around the cockpit offshore so a cooler with feet is mandatory and I think this would really help keep it in place.

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thanks - Canvas is on order for delivery in January! Seating is a premium on the boat and I wanted to get a cooler with a cushion for an extra seat but worry about it being thrown around the cockpit offshore so a cooler with feet is mandatory and I think this would really help keep it in place.
Definitely. My chairs don’t move at all now. And they don’t seem to be denting the decking so far.

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
My cockpit deck was shot. The rest of the boat looks almost new. The previous owner fished a lot. It was this or trying to re gelcoat it. This stuff feels great under th feet. I did not do the helm area. That looks new.

We have to do what we have to do. Did not realize your deck was that beat up. *Cheers*