Installing Kicker on a '96 Adventure 208

Jonah

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hello,

I'm attaching an image of a kicker bracket on my (new to me) '96 Adventure 208. I'm shopping for kickers on Craigslist, but I'm wondering if I need to be careful about the specifics of the kicker that I buy. Do I need to worry about a short or long shaft, etc? Will every kicker fit on this bracket, or only certain ones?

Thanks for any advice! I'm new to this.

Attachments

• IMG_1298.JPG
    IMG_1298.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 922

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Jonah, Difficult to tell what kind of bracket that is from the photos. You will need the long leg and I would suggest an 8 hp high thrust outboard. It must be mounted to get a good bite in the water when down and clear the surface when the tilt is up and you are running on the main engine. I am running a yam high thrust 8 and find it just right for a fishing trolling kicker or back up for big one (never had to use it for that purpose). I have a fixed mount for mine with controls at the helm and as I attempt age gracefully appreciate the electric trim tilt. Anyway spend a lot of time boating winter and summer up here on Vancouver Island. Just returned from 2 days of prawning which we limited out on both days. Cheers and enjoy that yacht. trapper

ric2352

Reaction score
Here is what I did.....solid bracket, 9.9 HiThrust Yami long shaft. I didn't want a folding bracket and have been very happy with this set up. Make sure you mount the engine low enough minimize cavitation in rough seas.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 892

grunt

Reaction score
I have a 9.9 Yamaha high thrust with 25" shaft on my 2007 208 Adventure on a solid bracket.
It works great with the power tilt and trim.

Attachments

• Grady White 208 June 2014 006.JPG
    Grady White 208 June 2014 006.JPG
    209.3 KB · Views: 877

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I have a 9.9 Yamaha high thrust with 25" shaft on my 2007 208 Adventure on a solid bracket.
It works great with the power tilt and trim.
Oils awesome. How do you steer? And when trimmed all the way up is it totally out of the water while underway? Thanks !