Installing New Stereo Head Unit - Need Help

Downhiller80

Reaction score
Hey All,

So I'm installing a new head unit into my 192 Tournament and need some help with the wiring.

I've looked all over (including the the manual) and I'm not exactly sure which wires do what in my Grady. All of the wires that came with the head unit are clearly marked (power antenna, main power, ground, front/rear speaker +/-) , but I'm not sure which wires to pair them with since they are not the same colors. :x

So my question is, does anybody have a wiring diagram or know exactly which color wires to what?

Thanks!

richie rich

Reaction score
Downhiller...go to the GW web site and find your year make and model owners manual right there...it should have a wiring diagram....not sure if the stereo is factory wired, but power for "accessories" are usually orange and black I think...the speaker wires should be visibly different as they are usually paired up and may even the the polarity +/- stamped on it...otherwise, remove a speaker and check the wire color...it should pop up near the mounting area somewhere.

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Wasn't clear if you were replacing or installing a head unit. When I installed mine (new) I just ran a power lead to the terminal block that was supplied by a a spare toggle switch. The amp went direct to the battery with a power-on line to the head unit.

You end up with a pretty good wad of wiring in the end, huh?