Installing windless on 283

Jttdmj

Reaction score
I want to install a windless on my 283 Release. Have searched the posts and have only found a limited number of discussions regarding this subject. Specifically I am wondering if I have to modify the existing locker cover to facilitate sufficient line drop into the locker or can the windless be installed forward of the hatch opening while still allowing access to the locker thru the existing hatch.

Blackbird

Reaction score
I'm looking at the same issue for my 283. A couple years ago, I put out some informal inquiries and got quotes for the complete job (hardware, wiring, glass work) ranging from $1800 to $6K. I have the model with the low rail and the big difference was in customizing work to the hatches to make it look good (and to work properly). Sorry I can't give you any specific info based on actual experience but am very interested in what you finally end up with. I intend to install one this winter and am happy to keep you informed of any decisions I make.

Jttdmj

Reaction score
I am going to contact GW to see if they will offer any suggestions. Will post anything usefull.