Instrument/switch panel and switch labels

ScottC

Reaction score
Here is another:

P1010066.jpg

jrgrady

Reaction score
Scott, I was all excited when I saw you updated this. I'm dyin to see the panels you did for me......I sent you an email with the second panels payment

ScottC

Reaction score
jrgrady said:
Scott, I was all excited when I saw you updated this. I'm dyin to see the panels you did for me......I sent you an email with the second panels payment

Yours are truly one of a kind, I think you will be very pleased, as soon as I have them finished you will get some pics to wet your appetite. :D

ScottC

Reaction score
Here is a personalized panel for a grady :D

P1010069.jpg

P1010072.jpg

P1010075.jpg

jrgrady

Reaction score
Dear Scott,

You are the man. Those panels look awesome. Just called the customer and he loves them. For everyone, this is a pic of the original panel....

DSC00968.jpg

And the other panel is going to be holding a vhf and 12v outlet where the hinged door is now. The black piece in the photo below. I will post in my original thread as everything gets installed. Obviously, the new panel will be permanantly mounted, no more hinged door

DSC00970.jpg

ScottC

Reaction score
Sweet, so it is safe to say we are going to make a considerable upgrade to that console haha.

jrgrady

Reaction score
ScottC said:
Sweet, so it is safe to say we are going to make a considerable upgrade to that console haha.

Yeah along with fiberglass work on the dash to fill in stresscracks and screwholes, and making a fiberglass bulkhead colored to match the hull. Those upgrades alone will make the helm area a completely different looking boat.. Stay tuned

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Jrgrady - Looks like you are redoing a late 80's model 204 Overnighter. I have an '88 with almost the same helm and bulkhead setup. Are you replacing the bulkhead with fiberglass panels or have you considered Starboard like so many others? Any interest in making a second set of panels for my boat while you are at it?

ScottC - All of those panels look great. My boat is slightly different than jrgrady in that I have a switch / fuse panel mounted to the right of the wheel below the engine control. It has 8 switches and fuses. My dash panel looks just like jrgrady. My dash panel only has a Yamaha engine gauge and an hour meter. Can you give me some type of ballpark estimate for the switch panel and dash panel?

Thanks Guys!

Bob

ScottC

Reaction score
Bob's Cay said:
ScottC - All of those panels look great. My boat is slightly different than jrgrady in that I have a switch / fuse panel mounted to the right of the wheel below the engine control. It has 8 switches and fuses. My dash panel looks just like jrgrady. My dash panel only has a Yamaha engine gauge and an hour meter. Can you give me some type of ballpark estimate for the switch panel and dash panel?

Thanks Guys!

Bob
Sure no problem, I just need an email and a count of the switches. Yoru no looking at a lot, my most extravigant panels are still a few hundred bucks at the most. I have geared my business towards regular boaters without unlimited funds so I keep all the pricing in reason. You will end up with a custom one off panel for about the same price as an off the shelf panel.

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
ScottC - Sent you a PM. Hope to hear from you.

jrgrady - will send you a pm too!

catch22

Reaction score
Awesome work guys!

Where did you get your switch's, (the black illuminated rocker type)?

jrgrady

Reaction score
Bob,

Yes the boat I'm working on is an 87 overnighter. I am replacing the helm bulkhead with fiberglass panels and gelcoating them. I am using 3/4 marine ply with 1.5 oz mat covering it. It will all be smoothed and gelcoated to match the hull. I will post pics under my thread while I'm building these panels. If you would like me to make you a set, thats no problem.

ScottC

Reaction score
catch22 said:
Awesome work guys!

Where did you get your switch's, (the black illuminated rocker type)?

Carling contoura V switches are the only ones I use for marine applications.

jrgrady

Reaction score
Kudos to Scott, Heres my panels with gauges and switches installed. The other panel is obvious.

026.jpg

025.jpg

petros

Reaction score
Looks awesome.But you should dump the useless trim gauge and get a water psi gauge.

gw204

Reaction score
Why do you say trim is useless. I use it all the time to take not of optimal trim settings for different conditions.

If anything, I would substitute water pressure for the hour meter on the panel and put the hour meter somewhere else.

jrgrady

Reaction score
I was going to add a water pressure gauge, but the boat did not have one when we got it so, it what it is now I guess. I thought water temp would be more important than water pressure. As for the trim, I always use that gauge to get the perfect running condition.