Interlux Perfection for transom

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Am putting together options for the final touches of my transom rebuild ( proj not started yet). Gelcoating is my prefered option and is the direction I am currently taking. Problem is I dont have the work area to do gelcoat or paint spraying so I would have to contract a shop to get this part done. I looked at an old wellcraft in lake hopatcong painted with interlux perfection about 3 seasons ago and the thing looks like it just came out of the show room. He sold it last weekend for almost twice what he paid for it and he said the paint and primer cost him $250.00 and the hardest part was prepping the geloat to be painted. Watched the videos fom interlux and ship shape. My boat has some crazing and want to get that fixed at the same time. Some quotes I have gotten to regelcoat the areas and the transom run upto 1500 -2k. Looking at how easy it is to apply this product I am thinking it may be worth it to do the whole boat hull the same color with interlux perfection roll and tip. Says the paint lasts 10 yrs, and I dont plan on keeing it that long. Has anyone been successfull in getting a close color match on an older grady with this product and if you have used it can you post some pictures of how it came out even if you did not get the perfect match and changed the color.

Thanks.