intermittent wiper control/switch

bc282

Reaction score
Wipers have been discussed here before and am surprised to not have seen mention of this control/switch.

came upon this switch and it looks like the real deal with little "modifications" required to work properly.
would fit nicely and match existing rocker style switches.
Comes from Exalto who is know for good to top notch wiper stuff albiet a bit $$.
This switch is avail in single wiper or dual, dual is about $300 for control/switch.
Has 2 continuous speeds and 3 intermittent delays and of course self park.

http://www.exaltowipers.com/html/produc ... itches.htm

Before i pull the trigger and try this out, anyone with experience with this switch/control for their boat wipers?

the.devo

Reaction score
Buy a replacement switch for $25 and turn the switch on/off as needed then put the other $275 towards a new rod or reel

bc282

Reaction score
PacNW, we get our share and then some of mist, fog/fog mist, rain and cross wind that sprays the seas onto the "house". More often then not, the wipers are used on a daily basis when boating--sometimes used all day :bang

IMO, $300 is money well spent to solve a PITA problem of better wiper control. i don't have issue of spending $300 and it does not take away from $ spend on fishing tackle/gear as i tend to buy top end gear
and lots of it to help enjoy my fishing passion (i don't have a "budget" when it comes to fishing :mrgreen: ).

yes, i'm aware of less expensive solutions but i have not seen as "nice" a solution as this Exalto micro-controlled switch which looks to integrate seamlessly into the console and other switches.

ordered the other day from Defender.com for $250 and hope to have it installed early sept.
will post pics and a review after install and having a chance to play with it.

tried to order locally but item not carried by any of the stores and unable to bring it in for me :jaw
was happy to find the switch online and at a decent $.

suzukidave

Reaction score
the.devo said:
Buy a replacement switch for $25 and turn the switch on/off as needed then put the other $275 towards a new rod or reel

you are failing to appreciate how much a wiper gets used on a coastline adjacent to a temporate rain forest. few things are more frustrating than rain blocking your view where you can't find the right wiper speed to address it without that dry window shudder.

for the op, three intermittent positions is not enough for me in a car. personally i would get the wiper control stalk off a luxury car from a wrecker's yard and attach that to your steering column :p

bc282

Reaction score
sorry guys, ran out of time to install the new switch--too busy fishing with the nice weather :praise
interestingly, the rocker style switch only looks like a rocker, but is switched by pressing the wiper icon or arrows, the switch does not move like a traditional "rocker" switch--only looks like one, i guess to blend or integrate better into existing panels.

may get my install window around xmas.