internal anodes Yamaha F 200xb

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Has anyone on GG changed the internal (not the ones accessible on the outside of the outboard) anodes but that require some dismantling of the engine to access? Not sure how many hours of running time before replacement. Would guess that with the work needed to check them, one might as well make the change.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Are you talking about the ones that are right there on the valve cover? Those are the ones typically referred to as "internal anodes", but there's no dismantling needed.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
No, there are anodes on the F200xb that require some dismantling of the power head. Just do not know the process.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Oh, I think I know the ones you mean, now. I have something similar on my 2-stroke. "Assuming" they are the same (can you post a link or better description to be sure?), it's just a matter of removing the head cover. When I checked mine, they were nearly intact so I re-used them. You may want to replace the gaskets, though. It would, however, give you a good chance to check/clean the cooling passageways.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Dennis, this is all I could find to show a couple of the internal anodes. I believe #6 and #2 require some dismantling. . I am still not clear yet just how many there are that require some dismantling of the engine. Ok, so I will shut up for now!
1637285889778.png