Is my on board Guest battery charger shot?

Renovator

Reaction score
Figure I would try posting here. I know others have had to replace theirs and wanted to confirm symptoms are the same.
My 2005 sailfish with the factory installed Guest battery charger just recently stopped working. I typically hook up the shore power the day before I go out and energize the battery charger to insure a good charge on the batteries. This past week I did the normal routine but no lights on the charger an I am now getting the "Reverse Polarity" light on at the breaker panel when the charger breaker is set, of which has never happened before. Does this sound like a charger issue or possible wiring corrosion problem. This is my first boat with the onboard charger and I am not sure what life you can expect out of them. It gets seldom use but appears to be in good shape with no obvious signs of corrosion or failure.

Jeff Mauro

Reaction score
Your problem is shore power and probebly not the charger. make sure the plug is in all the way to dock receptical and boatside recepticale. if this is ok, Then you have a wiring problem on with the dock power circuit or the AC power circuit on the boat. My bet is on a dockside problem. Good Luck

Renovator

Reaction score
Jeff, the Reverse Polarity light only comes on when the battery charger breaker is flipped to "on", it does not effect the other breakers for water heater, micro, etc. Every thing else is working fine.