Is SeaTow Membership Worth the Price?

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
You are going to put the sea tow guys out of business doing that !

Walk The Line

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a no brainer to have Sea Tow if you plan to travel any significant distance away from the dock. I agree that twins provide piece of mind for mechanical problems, but there are many other things that can go wrong out there. Whether it's an issue with E-10 fuel, electrical, hitting something (rock, ocean sunfish, lobster bouy, etc), or getting a piece of rope tangled in the props; there are several issues that can impact both engines. I once broke down on a friend's boat 55 miles offshore tuna fishing, and the Sea Tow bill would have been over $3k if he wasn't a member. That experience clinched it for me!

KingJ

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The thing I like about our Vessel Assist membership is that it isn’t tied to our boat, but to us. As I understand it, if we happen to be on someone else’s boat and something goes awry, I also have the option of calling Vessel Assist for the boat that I’m on. It just serves as the ultimate insurance- especially for us not so DIY types. Plus, this adds value as a crew member/ passenger- not to mention can guarantee a tow back to port no matter what boat you're on and who it's maintained by. Beside fuel, It’s reputed that if you ask them, our local Vessel Assist guys will bring out beverages/munchies etc to help for a long tow back.

mrzeeno98

Reaction score
I just like knowing that no matter what happens out there...

... I can call for help, and get fast, professional service and not worry about the cost.

wrobinson

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Late one night I found myself on an oysterbank. Not a bit of the boat was in the water. I called sea tow and was off and running in an hour or so. The bill would have been 1400 bucks. I will always have it.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You're Insane Not to Sign Up.

You'd be using very poor judgment to go out on the water without it.