is this enough engine?

IMHO

Reaction score
I need an opinion, I am looking at a late model Tournament 275 that has twin 150 Yam engines.

I know GW shows them as an option but it seems to me that the boat is on the edge of underpowered for a boat this size with four guys and gear.

Marty grady 272

Reaction score
I think that it would be underpowered, however sea trial the boat and see if it satisfies you. My 272 has twin HPDI 200s and I can come up to plane on just one engine in an emergency.

CWOT

Reaction score
250 twins are base line

Tashmoo

Reaction score
The short answer is yes.

Twin 150's provide the same preformance as twin 200's +/- due to the increased weight of the 200's. Twin 150's will push the boat at 40 - 43MPH loaded +/-.

The single F350 has more than enough power and will push the boat loaded at 45 MPH.

Test drive the boat and make your own opinion.

Kai Lover

Reaction score
I have a 27 Islander with twin 150s. I have plenty of power and have had 4 men, dive gear, full load of fuel, water, etc and no issue many times. Boat cruises at 28 mph @14-16 gph 4300-4500 rpms. I don't need to run 50 mph going offshore....

G8R_DVM

Reaction score
IMHO get the biggest motors the boat is rated for, The 150’s may be adequate 90% of the time but if you get into heavy swells with a load and can't get out of the troughs you're surely going to wish you had more power. If you sea trail it try to add some weight to simulate a realistic load, odds are its going to be two people, no gear and minimal fuel and try to find some swells. Also the more power a boat has the more efficiently it will be able to cruise. Minimizing the load on the engines translates to better fuel mileage (only at cruise). I see a little better than 1nmpg in my marlin with 2x250 (which I think is underpowered) and 5nmpg in my bay boat with 1 F250, you want a high power to weight ratio.