Is this to low ?

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks seasick and wrxhoon, I have been boating for many years with a variety of boats, never went to a sealed battery, ......just not sure why. Maybe it is time to make a change. I suppose it is potential gassing and acid spills that are the concern. Been eyeing up the Lythium batteries........a bit of an ouch on the price and do have some time left on the present ones.......one of these days.

wrxhoon

Reaction score

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks wrxhoon, they appear reluctant to ship to Canada and I think shipping costs would null the deal.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
I only put that up to let you know that you can buy lithium batteries much cheaper now. I don't know about the quality of Chinese batteries. Lithium batteries shipped by air? I doubt that very much even if they did ship to CAN the price would be prohibitive I would think.
The other problem if you look at their specs I don't think they are suitable for ALT charging, they are more suitable as replacement of deep cycle and charge them with a charger not ALT. They specify max charge 50amp.
I will stick to maintenance free batteries for the foreseeable future.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks wrxhoon, Am i one of the few guys that is not using maintenance free batteries. lucky you are using 24 batteries I have only used 27's , any issues with enough juice to run all your electronics down riggers statring etc. with 24's. I think 24's would be a better fit with 2 on the port side when the time comes.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on their battery sizes, sealed or not and if any 208 with a starboard kicker has 2 batteries on the port side.