Islander 26 Bait Tank

Cam Ena Sue

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have a 1995 Islander 26 that I recently acquired a Blue Water on deck bait tank for. I am now in the process of reinforcing the deck hatch it will sit on - but am having problems with the plumbing solution.

The intake line should not be too much of an problem but trying to figure out a discharge path is giving me issues. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

efx

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Did you ever do this install? I am about to install a 28 gallon tank on my 268. The pathway for both lines is easy. The intake like you said is straight from the pump. The drain line should be just lower than the bottom of the tank, but hopefully higher than the static water line. I’ve had this setup on a prior Grady.

Cam Ena Sue

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Did you ever do this install? I am about to install a 28 gallon tank on my 268. The pathway for both lines is easy. The intake like you said is straight from the pump. The drain line should be just lower than the bottom of the tank, but hopefully higher than the static water line. I’ve had this setup on a prior Grady.

Have not completed the install yet. Have had my hands full with doing the self bailing cockpit deck drains and thru hull scuppers...hoping to get the bait tank in this weekend. Will post pics of what I came up with.

MikeKilo

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry if im thread jacking, but im looking for my first boat and I think I want the 268 islander. Is there anything in particular I should look for good/bad? Do you recommend the boat or should I look for something else?