Islander or Sailfish? Questions

altouchet

Reaction score
Do any of you Islander owners have air conditioners installed? How about hot water heaters? Is there room anywhere to mount a small generator?
How about on the Sailfish? Same questions above.
thanks,

Winged Pig

Reaction score
I have A/C and a water heater on my '98 Sailfish, both factory installed. The A/C unit is on the starboard side of the mid berth and the Water Heater is up front under the V-berth. I don't think I could mount a generator without some modifications and even then I think it would be pretty tight, but I'm sure someone has done it.

A note about the water heater - we've never used it. Our Marina has hot showers and since you have to be connected to shore power to use it (without a generator) I don't even keep water in it.

Hope that helps.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Water heater came from the factory with the "convenience package". It was mounted under the V-berth, centerline, in the compartment just aft of the anchor locker.

Islander's did not have A/C as a factory option. Sailfish did.

I installed a 6,500-BTU reverse cycle A/C (Mermaid Marine Air) under the aft end of the galley unit.

Neither the Islander or the Sailfish have room for an installed generator. Honda EU2000i works fine if you need power away from the dock.

Brian