Islander Trailer Setup

seasick

Reaction score
Even for a short trip, you should make sure that as mentioned the main weight is on the main bunks and not the forward ones. Assuming it is easy to lower/raise the forward bunks, I would make sure they are lower than the hull will sit and then snug them up to the hull after hauling the boat

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
My target bunks are set about 18" apart in the front and about 30" in the back. My trailer is built a little different than yours, but that will at least give you an idea as to the angle I have. My target bunks are about 5-6' long.

Reactions: BobP1953

BobH1

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Thanks. I'll have wrenches and a small sledge to coax anything that needs it. Picking up the boat on Wednesday. I'll that some pics. Thanks y'all.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
It’s not that complicated. Two axel trailer, E rated radial tires. Make sure your wheel bearing are good.

I do 1,300 mile round trip every year. F150 to and from Cape May and Islamorada. Uneventful. Bring spares, tools and bottle jack.

if you want a guarantee contact Boat US.

BobH1

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Thanks. No problem towing. Truckdriver for 35 years. Just hoping the trailer is set up correctly. Brand new venture COM8800. Pulling with a '19 chevy 2500HD Z71 diesel. Plan on being up north late April. 1100 miles driveway to driveway. 14hrs straight through. Then I turn around and go get the other boat. Fuel prices suck. But hey, I was buying diesel when it was 65 cents a gallon.