issac

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Hey yall from La to Fla in the path of Isaac stay safe and hope yall fare the storm well.

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
We lucked out on the Florida west coast. Maybe 2" of rain and winds not much over 25 mph.

Let's hope that the thing stays fairly disorganized when it comes ashore further north.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Doc, I was born and raised in Fla and went through a couple named storms with Charlie, Fancis and Jean being my last as a resident. I did experience Debbie in the Bahamas in June. I am on one hand fascinated with hurricanes and on the other not wanting folks to be harmed by them. I should a could a would a been a meteorologist but went for biology. Had I studied that I can assure you I would have gone after a job at the NHC in Coral.Gables and volunteered to ride a hurricane hunter P3 Orion. Good to hear yall are safe on West Coast there. You know when I was very young we would take the 18 foot Thunderbird cathedral hull bow rider powered by a massive 85 horse Evineude to Honeymoon Island and a sandbar my folks called Sand dollar island to the north. I was 3 to 5 years old and that is when the salt was sealed in my veins from the Gulf of Mexico and Clearwater area.

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Folks down here took Issac pretty seriously. Boats were getting pulled and trucks were carting around a lot of plywood for shutters. People were picking up a lot of supplies at the food stores. But it passed far enough offshore that local flooding was the only real problem. It's been a very wet summer. The ground is saturated and there was already a lot of standing water before the storm. Hopefully, the storm will be weak as it makes landfall around New Orleans. The good news is that is could well break the drought in Arkansas and maybe even further north.

I know the area where you grew up very well. I fished out of Tarpon Springs years ago when I was at USF. That sandbar is Three Rooker Bar. It's now a bird sanctuary and you can no longer land your boat there.