It finally happened. My new to me 270.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
After looking almost daily for 2 years (yes, I know I'm nuts), I finally scored a 2005 270 Islander. As crazy as it might sound, I think it was worth it! 2 owner boat; garaged its entire life; owned by a meticulous enthusiast; nearly flawless, and it is now ours! We are still in transit from Mississippi to Ohio - stopped for the night in Nashville.
Thank you Russ, Ocnslr Brian, and barclayrl Ryan for all the help and info.20210402_112824.jpg

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Congrats for sure!! Keep the pics coming. Safe trip.
Thanks! I'm in your neck of the woods right now.
I would have put up more photos, but having to compress them all takes too much time. I was too tired last night. I'll get some more up.

Reactions: Ky Grady

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thanks! I'm in your neck of the woods right now.
I would have put up more photos, but having to compress them all takes too much time. I was too tired last night. I'll get some more up.

If you're rolling up 75 and come through Berea and Richmond, that's me. Give me a shout if you stop for fuel or a break here, I'll come say Hi!

HTHM

Reaction score
I'm breaking the tenth commandment right now. Safe journey, but remember that for every mile of road, there are two miles of ditch....

efx

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Excellent boat! Nice power. Fyi, I have a 268 and just installed this cover. LaPorte TTop and goes right over the f150s. Good fit, high quality and good price.
79A926F5-1A0F-4ACB-B22B-E4013D425D32.jpeg

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Great cover efx. My boat will be going in my garage so a cover isn't needed. Unfortunately the top has to come off. I hate to do it, but don't have a choice.
Some more photos:
Boathome.jpg
imagejpeg_1.jpg
imagejpeg_0.jpg
Inside.jpg

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
If you're rolling up 75 and come through Berea and Richmond, that's me. Give me a shout if you stop for fuel or a break here, I'll come say Hi!
Thanks for the offer Ky. I wish I had the time to stop by. My wife has been really sick with mono and I had to get home ASAP. Drove 12 hours today. Long day.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I'd love to run it this week, but I have a leaking steering ram, a little water in the port LU, and this engine has not had the balancer shaft assemblies replaced.
The trailer is getting replaced with something that fits the boat better, is an appropriate capacity and fits in my garage. Any idea what a trailer with a 10,500 lb capacity, EOH brakes would sell for in very good condition? 2013

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Be a real shame to have to lose that top. It and a good enclosure will extend your season on both ends, in Ohio, far more than a bimini will. That garage is a lot bigger than it looks, if that boat on any trailer goes in, and the door shuts.

efx

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Beautiful condition. The seats, the bolsters, the deck finish, the aluminum looks immaculate. That is a find. I had a leaking ram also and was able to get new sea star seals and end cups off Amazon very easily. Not sure what props you have but I consulted with Brian / ocanslr and went with the power tech ofs3 15 x 16.25 and they have been excellent. I just finished a pretty big rehab so if you have and questions shoot away. The scupper hoses are tough to deal with.

Reactions: family affair

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd think twice on removing the top. You will come to regret it I believe.
Nice boat and good luck with her.

Reactions: Bird Blaster

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
EFX, the props are original 13 3/4 x 17m. Performance is excellent.

I'm not sure why the ram is leaking. The ram looks perfect. The previous owner claims he replaced the seals recently. The stop at the end of the shaft had some built up goop on it. I wondered if the goop pushed under the seal with the engines laid fully over to one side? I also wonder if he didn't use the protective cap when he installed the seals and damaged the seal from the threads.

I debated even mentioning the hardtop topic because I know there are a lot of strong feelings to have them. I've ran a Bimini for 10 years on our 248 and it has served us we'll for our needs. Yes, I like the hardtop. No, I don't want to take it off, but the city would not allow me to build a garage tall enough to fit the boat with the top. The garage was built 8 years ago. The top is coming off. This winter I will fully investigate if I can make it retractable.