It is killing me!

Got Grady?

Reaction score
By the sea by the sea by the beaut.......
I have owned a Grady White 228 for almost 3 weeks now and have only seen her twice since. Talk about torture, I can hardly stand it. She sits in the marina 10 miles away waiting for me to bring her home. I have spent all my spare time working on a 23 foot proline that I bought as a fixer upper awhile back. I need it done and sold so I can free up my trailer to bring the Grady home. There just isnt enough time in the day to do it all. That and I am too picky and keep fixing more and more things on the proline trying to make it just right to sell. Thanks for letting me vent........

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
You can try drawing a line on what's good enough by a drop dead date, otherwise you will never do anything but fix boats, you need to use them also to enjoy your work.

My boat is always a work in progress.

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
BobP is right. Without a deadline you will have terminal project creep - you'll never be done.

I'd suggest reversing the process. Put the Proline up for sale with the idea that you will fix anything that gets in the way of a sale. For example, if the first two or three people who look at it comment on the same thing, you probably ought to fix it. Ignore the one-off comments.

The sooner you list it, the sooner it will sell.

Gary 89 Overnighter