It might be just me.....

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Does it bother anyone else that sometimes there are posts that just go unresolved? Here's an example:

OP: There is a sound coming from my thingamajig. Anybody have any ideas?

Poster 1: Try tightening up the doohickey.

Poster 2: I had to replace my whatchamacallit last year, seemed to help.

OP: OK, I'll look into it tomorrow. Thanks.

Crickets.....................................

Doesn't etiquette dictate a further response? I participate here first and foremost to learn things I don't know and second, to share any experience I have had so someone else may be helped. The first thing I do when I have a question is to spend some time searching this forum. I figure that chances are someone has had a similar issue. This board is a great resource for all of us. I can learn something from poster 1 and 2 but The OP in this example is of no use what so ever. I think it's rude and selfish. Most members here are generous with their knowledge and I thank you for all the help I've received over the years.

Maybe I'm cranky cause I've been working hard getting ready to splash on Monday. Woo Hoo!!! Hope all have a great year.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I will agree with you.

I try and follow up with the resolution if I have asked a question and gotten some ideas to try. If I've let one slip through the cracks, I apologize.

I'm surprised there are no more than a handful of guys that are on here giving info out trying to help. There are way more members than participants than what ever shows up on posts.

I'm on here multiple times a day, maybe because I'm landlocked in Kentucky and the rest of you are to busy using your boats, but it will be days, sometimes never, that a question will be asked, answers given and nothing out of the OP again.

I've been a member here since '06 but never owned a Grady until last year. I had a love for the Grady so wanted to know as much as I could about them, hoping someday to own one. Now that I'm an owner and am doing a lot of my own work on mine, I feel comfortable offering up my experience when a question is asked about something I've already done. I also work in the marine industry so some of that experience spills over onto this site.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Good points. I try to say thank you but I know I don't always follow back with results. It seems like a good way to build in knowledge base of sorts to the website. This way if some is experiencing a problem and gets 5 ideas to solve it and one of those ideas worked, it then seems like an easy way for others to search and trouble shoot and solve with a real solution.

Thanks for bringing this up. Next time I ask a tech question I will follow up with how it was solved.

Fishtales

Reaction score
It happens. They should get back especially if it appears people did some leg work to assist. Got bigger things to worry about this spring - like getting my rig ready!