It must be Spring because

Action_Jackson

Reaction score
The main level of my house is getting full of Grady White Parts! :D

IMG_2975_zps846e1c2d.jpg

Action_Jackson

Reaction score
onoahimahi said:
How did you get your bumpers so clean...?

I clean them in a sink with hot water and add about a cup of http://www.oxiclean.com/versatile/landing.aspx (powder kind and let it dissolve). I use a fairly stiff bristled brush and all the dirt and grime comes right off. Also works great on patio furniture and any stained dock edging and coolers (I see I have missed the bottom of my cooler lol).

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
By the time I figured out where all the parts in the picture go, the season would be over....

Enjoy!

Action_Jackson

Reaction score
magicalbill said:
By the time I figured out where all the parts in the picture go, the season would be over....Enjoy!

Ha, I am bringing the boat back next weekend to my home from storage and have 5 days to get this all done in the driveway!

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
We have this on our side..It's April instead of October. Lotsa boating ahead. Have a great season!

mboyatt

Reaction score
Very impressive layout! If I might add a suggestion, though. You will need much more beer than that!! :mrgreen: Have fun this season and be safe. I splashed earlier in the week and had a great day.

CatMar II

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I saw the Yuengling Lager and stared for a minute. I grew up in Pennsylvania and that was the beer of choice. When we moved to Maine I found out is is no where to be seeen here. Oh, the rest looks great too.

Action_Jackson

Reaction score
CatMar II said:
I saw the Yuengling Lager and stared for a minute. I grew up in Pennsylvania and that was the beer of choice. When we moved to Maine I found out is is no where to be seeen here. Oh, the rest looks great too.

I know how ya feel. We can't get it up here in Canada either but I have a brother that lives in NJ so I always stock pile when I go to visit. Good stuff.

Action_Jackson

Reaction score
Jeff_R said:
Looking good Jay! I see you got the stainless cup holders eh? I just stripped the wood off my Tournament yesterday, sanded it all and am now varnishing it.....only 10-12 more coats to go!

Yea, actually went to a poker supply place and they carried them. They are actually a little bit narrower then the ones they use in the Grady's today. I lined the bottom of them with white 3mm seadek so nothing will vibrate while under way!

Yea the wood is a lot of work, but the results are worth it for sure. Taken next week off to do all of these little projects ! It's been a long winter :wink:

81Malibu

Reaction score
Your teak looks great. What did you use on it? I just finished sanding and oiling mine but I'm on the fence about clearing it. I've heard horror stories about getting the clear off to redo it. I had enough trouble singe the PO of my boat decided to stain the wood instead of oiling it.

Action_Jackson

Reaction score
81Malibu said:
Your teak looks great. What did you use on it? I just finished sanding and oiling mine but I'm on the fence about clearing it. I've heard horror stories about getting the clear off to redo it. I had enough trouble singe the PO of my boat decided to stain the wood instead of oiling it.

Thanks. Sanded with 80 grit, then 220 grit. 4 coats of Cetol Sikkens Natural Marine teak with wetsanding of 400 grit in between coats. I found it came out so smooth and glossy with the wet sanding I didn't even bother with clear coat after. Impressed with the Cetol, applies very easily, no brush marks.

SC Adventure 208

Reaction score
I'd like to know how to get teak at all. My grady has this crappy plastic laminate for wood trim. I guess it may have looked good once but now it is all faded. I have tried Penetrol on it and it looks marginally better for about 30 minutes until it's fully dried. I may try sanding it but wonder if anyone else has this problem.

Vic H

Reaction score
SC Adventure 208 said:
I'd like to know how to get teak at all. My grady has this crappy plastic laminate for wood trim. I guess it may have looked good once but now it is all faded. I have tried Penetrol on it and it looks marginally better for about 30 minutes until it's fully dried. I may try sanding it but wonder if anyone else has this problem.

It is called "duratrim" and Grady began using it instead of teak to reduce boat maintenance. I had it on my 1993 208 and it looked good until I sold the boat 5 years later. The trim on my newer 225 appears to be starboard. Someone on this site may know how to re-fresh duratrim to look new again.