Ive Noticed That...

igblack87

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
Just curious but...would like to know others opinions:

I see a lot of Regulators up for sale on THT, Facebook Marketplace, other forums but not nearly as many Gradys or Whalers (for the matter).

Why does it seam like people are dumping...what I thought was a fantastic boat...at a very high rate? Are there more Regulators sold that being the reason for there being so many of the second hand market? Are Regulator owners moving to different boats because....?

Would love to know your thoughts.

efx

Reaction score
Model
Islander
They are great boats. But every time I see one it looks very heavy on a trailer and trucks struggle to move them. Also they typically scrap ramps since they flex trailers. Get the right truck and trailer and they are excellent boats. They ride very well.

igblack87

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
I have a good friend and her family has a Regulator 28 2016. It really is a great boat, very sturdy. Im still perplexed!

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
My guess is that they found out a hard core fishing platform sounds like a bad-ass idea, but is a PIA if you aren't exclusively using it for fishing.
Pros: great head sea ride, 360 fish ability
Cons: roles badly on the drift (so I've read), needs a lot of power to plane, uses a lot of fuel for its size, lacks creature comforts.