Jabsco Electric Head

ahill

Reaction score
Maintenance on this product is costly and endless.
I am thinking of converting the flush system back to manual.
Has anyone done this?
For those with the manual flush what are your experiences with ease of use, flushing ability and maintenance requirements?

lapazbajasur

Reaction score
I have a 97 Marlin and converted to the manual head this past spring. Pretty painless, as the Jabsco kit includes very good directions. Also, read the directions and study the diagram to ensure you know the proper position for the head switches, when you want to use the macerator/pump out. Also, keep the wiring in place in case you want to reinstall an electric pump.

My wife really doesn't like the manual pump so I'm going to reinstall an electric kit I just picked up from West/. Again the directions are pretty easy to follow and the box says it should take 15 minutes-- we'll see.

lapazbajasur

Reaction score
To follow up-- I just reinstalled an electric head. The directions said it would take 15 minutes- I had the wiring in place so that was true. The only glitch was I left the manual gasket in place and had to do it over as the manual gasket and the electric gasket are different, and the electric won't get suction to pump with the manual gasket in place. Again good directions on the install from Jabsco both from electric to manual and from manual to electric. Painless process.

ahill

Reaction score
I bought a parts kit and redid the electric flush one more time.
Next time it fails I'll convert to manual.