Jabsco electric toilet 29200–0120, GW valve settings

billbass

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
I have a 2021 235 with a Jabsco electric toilet 29200–0120. Jabsco’s Manual tells you a lot more about installation than use and they of course have no idea how Grady white might have routed the plumbing to the toilet. GW’s Head use Manual isn’t very helpful either. They don’t tell me what these two valves do and when to open them and when to close them and when might it be a problem to leave one or both of them open or may be closed? The signage on these valves doesn’t even say whether down is closed or up is closed. there’s no way to see the valves easily enough and you surely can’t see where the big black lines go. Can somebody help me with what to do with the toilet and what never to do with these toilets? Is there a problem leaving one or both of these valves open such that water might flow into the tank or into the toilet while I’m underway? Are there any precautions regarding these valves? See pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG_6115.jpeg
    IMG_6115.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2

billbass

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Not sure if my valves pic was uploaded. See attached.

Attachments

• IMG_6405.jpeg
    IMG_6405.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 8

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Hi,

I believe I have the same setup. Both valves should always be closed, unless in use. Only one or the other should be opened when in use.

In my console, behind a hatch there are two "rods" that operate the valves. One is to let water into the head and the other is for pumping out when offshore.

I put a red sticker on the one for overboard pump out, so guests know which to use to allow water in when following the instructions I wrote up, laminated and posted above the head.

If you PM me an email address, I will send the instructions to you. You may find them useful.