Jabsco head pump

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My head pump has started leaking and sewerage water accumulates on the floor in the console of my 283. Their website does not show much in the way of rebuilding kits and all three telephone numbers I have been able to get on the internet have been disconnected.
My original documentation shows three kits, a "service", a "hardware" and a "waste & flush pump bodies" kit. Does anyone have any experience with rebuilding these units and do you know where to get the kits? Would I need more than the service kit?
Is it difficult to do? Is this company still in Business?

ahill

Reaction score
The electric conversion is a troublesome unit.
Your leak is probably from the paper gaskets on either side of the ss wearplate in the macerator housing.
I have to replace mine every 2 yrs or so.
Mine just started leaking again and after replacing the gaskets it started leaking at the lower shaft seal.
The repair kits have parts you don't need.
Depending on the age I would replace shaft seals, impellers, base gasket, paper gaskets, wearplate, upper cork gasket, O ring.
The work is relatively simple, make sure you read the spec sheet- http://www.xylemflowcontrol.com/files/2 ... ersion.pdf thoroughly.
Make pencil index marks on all housings to assist in reassembly, do not use any lubricant on screw threads.
Attach the pump body to the waste flange before installing pump on base. Index the flange to the pump before removal.
I get all my parts at DEPCO Pumps in Clearwater FL. they were recommended by Jabsco and are extremely knowledgable and helpful. I speak with Jim in the Jabsco section. 800-446-1656.
Even tho many parts in the data sheet are not numbered, DEPCO has just about all of them in stock.

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks for all the information. I ordered the parts this morning and hopefully will get them by the weekend.

I did get a return email from Xylem, the parent company of Jabsco. They advised searching the Internet for the part number or special ordering it from West Marine. The reason the telephone numbers have been disconnected is that they moved their California operation and didn't change the information on their website. You would think.......