Jack Plate on a Grady

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I may repower this year and I'm thinking of adding a manual jack plate. The idea is to get the engine away from the stupid aluminum bang plate (which I will either replace or glass over), allow the engine height to be precisely adjusted, and to position the lower unit behind my side scan transducer.

So has anybody put a jack plate on a single engine Grady? If so, how many inches of setback did you use and are you happy with the setup?

suzukidave

Reaction score
i spoke to a guy with one mounted on a 1980s 19 tournament. he used it to go to an xl leg with a 20" transom. offset was 5 or 6" and he was very happy with oerformance and really liked having the leg out of the water when tilted up

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
If you choose to go with a jack plate, I would recommend you look at the Atlas jack plate by T-H Marine. Probably top of the line. I've used them before and they are nice pieces.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
That one will work too. Just thought you were wanting something you could adjust on the fly for fine tuning.

SeaVee

Reaction score
I’ve run both and it sure is nice to be able to adjust on the fly, I had a Bob’s hydraulic on a 25CC for 15 years with not one issue. Used the manual one on a shallow water skiff in Currituck Sound, was bulletproof as well . Think it was a CMC?