jekyl - Take Cover!

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thankyou for your thoughts. Anyone who doesn't believe in climate change should be having second thoughts by now.........We have just brought the washing in.......... and tied anything that may move, down.

Luckily (I Think) Tanami is tucked up nice and dry in my drive with a heavy duty tarp and more occy straps "than you can poke a stick at"

Hows the shopping going my friend ? any trouble sourcing the bits and pieces? I could need more after this.....hopefully not. cheers haydn

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Just got power back on after 2 days. We are fine and the house is good considering we had 2 large trees come down. The whole street has been helping each other and we are almost back to normal. I'm going to get the pool cleaned up today then off to the Mountain Bike tracks behind us where i believe there are more trees down than standing. Those that are standing look like a wildfire has gone thru with not a leaf on them , completey stripped.

The size of Yasi was impressive with us being 200k from the eye we had catergory 2-3 winds however at Cardwell /Tully it was genuine cat 5 so up to 150mph .

Tanami stayed in our driveway with engines and rear section in a carport and the rest of her tarped up. The direction of the winds meant she got very little dirt on her.

The authorities did an excellent job of warning people that this was no ordinary cyclone and making sure coastal communities were evacuated so at this stage it looks like there are 3 lives lost with at least 3 towns /communities destroyed.

It was noticeable that even in the cat 5 area that modern houses with much higher building codes suffered very little damage.